Objectives of Two Year B.Ed. Programme:
Programme Educational Objectives
Department of Education aims to develop human resource in terms of effective School Teachers, Educational Researchers, Teacher Educators and Educational Leaders so as to achieve the excellence in teaching, research and innovation with Indian ethos.
Teacher Education program at Banasthali Vidyapith intends to develop knowledge of Teaching Learning Process, competencies to transfer the knowledge, development of skills, organization and management of school system as well as to develop subject content and curriculum and maintain professional ethics and attitude towards Teaching as a 'noble profession'.
Department of Education purports to provide comprehensive inputs which are aimed;
* To study the education as a discipline.
* To prepare competent and enlightened teachers for different levels of education in India.
* To develop responsive, reflective and responsible teachers, educational administrators, researchers and academicians who will be able to work in collaboration with parents and community.
* To develop an understanding of focal concerns of education such as language diversity, inclusive education, gender-neutral attitude and education for sustainable development and global citizenship.
* To prepare teachers having an understanding of interact and instruct in class in the context of school organization and school education system at local and global level.
* Develop a sensitivity and appreciation amongst professionals about the larger societal context in which school education operates, the linkages, mutual pressure and influences of other sub systems.
* To provide a deep understanding of educational research and be competent to carry out independent need based quality field researches.
* To create digital competency amongst professionals in order to enhance their teaching, research, innovation and administration.
* To prepare effective teachers by integrating the academic studies with professional understanding, competencies and reflective visions.
* To nurture a temperament in the professionals to work toward self-driven performance goals, entrepreneurship and academic leadership for a noble mission 'Teaching'.
* To increase the sensitivity of professional ethics, code of conduct, social cultural values, human dignity and humanness.
At the end of B.Ed. Programme student teachers will be able to
PSO-1: apply their knowledge of core content and pedagogy to set goals and objectives for learning based on Curriculum, and design instruction that engages students in meaningful learning activities.
PSO-2: appreciate the diversity of learners and create appropriate learning environment to assure a focus on learning of all students.
PSO-3: deliver meaningful learning experiences for all students by integrating their knowledge and applying a variety of communication, instructional, and assessment strategies in their teaching.
PSO-4: demonstrate their commitment for continuous self-improvement by engaging in professional development activities and collaborative and reflective practices to improve teaching and learning that contribute to the revitalization of the teaching profession.
PSO-5: demonstrate leadership qualities by participating in the curriculum initiatives, student support and school management systems.
PSO-6: demonstrate their associations with school, family and community to foster student and community progression.
PSO-7: integrate ICT in teaching-learning and assessment process to enrich professional practice.
PSO-8: engage in value based and culturally responsive teaching practices.
PSO-9: use effective and appropriate verbal, nonverbal, written, and media communication techniques in their teaching, professional collaboration, and interactions with students, colleagues, parents, and the community.
PSO-10: demonstrate professional ethics and responsibilities as an educational practitioner.
PSO-11: recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of knowledge explosion and technological change.
Female candidates with atleast 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST) either in the Bachelor's Degree and/ or Master's Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanities, Bachelor's in Engineering or Technology with Specialization in Science and mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification from Banasthali Vidyapith or a university recognized by Banasthali as equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the B.Ed. programme.
Duration - 2 years (4 Semesters)