FACULTY OF FINE ARTS
59th FRESCO – PAINTING SUMMER TRAINING CAMP
15th April – 14th May, 2011
The Fresco- Painting camp is being organised by the Department of Drawing and Painting in Banasthali University this Year from Friday, 15th April 2011 to Saturday, 14th May, 2011.
Applications are Invited from the suitably qualified persons wishing to persue the course which the Drawing Department has specialized over the years experimenting on various techniques (Jaipur and Italian Wet process) of Fresco-Painting & Tempra Process. Showcasing the latest developments, after having revived the ancient art of Indian Mural Painting. The Department has won the outstanding reputation in Jaipur Process of Fresco- Painting. The course attracts the participation of leading professionals, the Artistes and Art lovers from all over the country and abroad.
The course is directed by distinguished specialist and experienced staff.
The interested candidates should return the enclosed application form after filling the details to the undersigned by 21st March, 2011. The selected candidates will be expected to reside in Banasthali University during term times. Accommodation could be available at a reasonable rate with board. The candidate will enjoy access to the collection in the central library on Indian Painting and Fresco Work. Arrangements may be made for a visit to Jaipur Art Gallery and Museum. These outdoor pursuits include the inspection of private collection in the city for which candidate would have to bear the expenses.
On completing the training period successfully a certificate is awarded by the University.
DETAILS OF THE COURSES
1. Jaipur Wet Process- (a) Knowledge of material and media used in this process method of
preparing and using the colours etc.
(b) Preparation of ground and wall surface experimenting on small
Plaster tiles, cartooning, finishing and polishing.
2. Italian Wet Process- Preparation of ground surfacing, Proportion of lime and sand and method
of work on large and small areas.
3. Tempra Process- Training in mixing of colours, use of gum egg media and method of a
preparing indigenous colours use of gold and silver colours.
Minimum qualification for the course is B.A/Diploma with Drawing and Painting by a recognised Institution. An established artist having experience may be considered as a special case (Attested copies of all the marks-sheets/experience certificates must be enclosed with the application form).
Hostel accommodation fee of Rs. 1000/- for the course will be charged. Participants are directed to bring their own bed-roll.
Boarding expenses (excluding breakfast and afternoon tea) will be about Rs. 2000/- A sum of Rs. 2000/- will have to be deposited at the time of joining the camp. Non- vegetarian food is strictly prohibited on the campus. Only vegetarian food will be served.
Breakfast and afternoon tea may cost about Rs. 500/- per month. These rates are subject to marginal variation according to market conditions.
ADMISSION AND OTHER FEE
A sum of Rs. 300/- (Three hundred only) as an application fee should be remitted by Bank Draft payable at Jaipur/Banasthali addressed to the Secretary, Banasthali University with the application for admission. On selection Rs. 2000/- will have to be deposited at the time of admission failing which the admission will stand automatically cancelled and other candidate will be offered admission for the course (excluding board and lodging expenses). All material used in the Fresco Work (except, pencil, paper and bruches) will be provided by the Department. Fee will be charged in full irrespective of the date of Joining.
The application fee (Rs. 300/-) will not be refunded in any case. The last date for receipt of application form is 21st March, 2011.
Pin- 304022 (Rajasthan)
(1) Banasthali is situated in district Tonk in the state of Rajasthan. It is 72 km. from the state capital Jaipur in South.
(2) Banasthali-Niwai Railway station is on the Jiapur Sawai-Madhopur Broad Guage branch-line of the N-W.R.,It is equidistant from Jaipur and Sawai-Madhopur 66 km. from both. Banasthali-Niwai Railway station is 9 km. from Banasthali University. The University has its own transport from Railway Station.
(3) The Rajasthan State Roadways buses are available from Jiapur (Sindhi Camp) and Banasthali.
(4) Post Office-Banasthali Vidyapith- 304022 (Raj.)
(5) Telephone Exchange-Banasthali University.
PABX (01438) 228341, 228524/Ext. 318, 337
Fax (01438) 228365
(6) Prof. Pushpa Dullar, Head of Visual Arts, Faculty of Fine Arts,
Ph. 01438-512249 (O) 228710 (R), 9414991510 (Mob.) 9352803156